Tuesday 12 August 2014

Who are ya? A Queens Park Rangers fan's take on Swansea City

View from a Hoop



The eleventh installment of our series of interviews with fans of opposing teams, today we have Mike from QPRReport giving his views on the Swans

Q1. Who are you and what do you do? How did you become attached to your club?

I'm Mike. Originally from London where I went to school. Now live in the United States, in the Washington DC area. I've supported QPR since 1967, seeing my first game AFTER the 1967 League Cup Final. Someone at school told me about QPR - the person who took me to my first game(s) was  a volunteer with the St. Johns Ambulance brigade.

Q2. What is your favourite memory of a match involving your team and the Swans?

I can think of some BAD memories: especially the season opener from a couple seasons ago!

Q3. Ahead of this season, what are your thoughts on the Swans?  Do you think we'll be a better team than last season?

Much prefer Swansea City to that other, now-relegated, Welsh club! I totally wish Swansea well, but I don't see how you keep staying up. I think it will begin to tell on you eventually.

Q4. What do you make of our transfer activity thus far? Do you think we need to make any more signings?

I only have fragmentary knowledge. Not so sure you're staying up.

Q5. Have you visited the Liberty Staidum before? If so, what did you think? Are you planning on visiting this year?

I unfortunately have not visited your stadium. Being currently in the United States, I certainly won't be visiting this year.

Q6. If you had to pick, who would be your favourite Swansea player? And your least favourite?

I guess ex-QPR Wayne Routledge who we should have kept. And years gone by, Jeremy Charles and Robbie James (RIP).

Q7. Which Swansea manager (in the Premier League era - Rodgers, Laudrup or Monk) have you been most impressed with? What do you think of Garry Monk's chances with a full pre-season behind him?

I think Rodgers did well. But they've all done - I would have been interested to have seen how ex-QPR boss Paulo Sousa would have done in the Premier League. Again I only have a general impression and I'm sure Swansea are far better able to assess Swansea's strengths and weakness; but I wonder if you can keep staying up.

Q8. Finally, at this moment in time how confident would you be if your "first eleven" went up against ours, and how do you think your team will do in general this season?

I think QPR will certainly do better this time up. I think when we meet at Loftus Road, QPR will win. Many thanks and again, best of luck to Swansea City...Long may you remain the top club in Wales!!!

Thanks again to Mike for answering our questions! You can follow QPR Report on Twitter @QPRReport