Thursday 14 August 2014

Who are ya? A Hull City fan's take on Swansea City

View from a Tiger



This morning we have the thirteenth installment in our series of interviews with fans of opposing teams. Today we have Mike from "City Till We Die" - a campaign group which is shortly to become the Hull City Supporters' Trust (an excellent cause - check out more about them here) - answering our questions.

Q1. Who are you and what do you do? How did you become attached to your club?

I'm Mike Scott, I'm a committee member for campaign group and soon to be supporters' trust City Till We Die. I've been a City supporter for well over 30 years.

Q2. What is your favourite memory of a match involving your team and the Swans?

A win at the Vetch in the FA Cup in the mid 80s, we won with a solitary Richard Jobson goal in an evening kick off, leading to some tense scenes after the game involved small men in NCB donkey jackets.

Q3. Ahead of this season, what are your thoughts on the Swans?  Do you think we'll be a better team than last season?

Honestly, no. I think the manager gives you continuity and community connection, but he's inexperienced and a massive risk. How he will attract top name players is a major issue.

Q4. What do you make of our transfer activity thus far? Do you think we need to make any more signings?

You clearly need to strengthen, I thought you had major second season issues last year and the squad now needs to kick on.

Q5. Have you visited the Liberty Staidum before? If so, what did you think? Are you planning on visiting this year?

Yes I've been there twice. It's a regular new build but it's got a decent atmosphere and the natives are friendly. I'll be there this season for our first ever Saturday visit.

Q6. If you had to pick, who would be your favourite Swansea player? And your least favourite?

I like Leon Britton. I dislike lazy show ponies, so I'm not a Michu fan.

Q7. Which Swansea manager (in the Premier League era - Rodgers, Laudrup or Monk) have you been most impressed with? What do you think of Garry Monk's chances with a full pre-season behind him?

Laudrup was superior and harsh treated. As said before, I fear for Monk in terms of his stature in the game as much as his coaching ability.

Q8. Finally, at this moment in time how confident would you be if your "first eleven" went up against ours, and how do you think your team will do in general this season?

Very confident. I think we are a top 12 side now, although we'll finish 14th if we reach the Europa league group stage. Swansea are, I regret to say, my tip for relegation!

Once again thanks to Mike for taking the time to answer these questions. You can follow City Till We Die on Twitter @NoToHullTigers or check out their cause at www.citytillwedie.com