Friday 29 August 2014

Swansea make double signing as Barrow & Demetriou come in

Club announce another two new signings who'll likely go straight into the development squad



Another one out of nowhere, and one we were expecting. Modou Barrow, a twenty-two year-old Gambian forward previously playing at Ostersunds in Sweden, has signed for a deal reported to be worth up to £1.75million, while we've also announced the signing of young forward James Demetriou from Nottingham Forest on a free transfer.

Demetriou is an Australian born Cypriot U21 international who's clearly keen to get to work:

"My short-term aim is to get game time and try to score as many goals as I can. Long-term I want to break into the first-team here and impress the manager.

"Swansea are a Premier League club, they play a great brand of football and they are a team that gives young players an opportunity."James Demetriou
I can't say I know too much about Demetriou, or Barrow for that matter, but I'll endeavour to remedy that by starting to attend development matches this season. It's something I've been keen to do for a while and I'm definitely going to make the effort (if at all possible) this year.

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I welcome them both to the club. Let's hope it's not long until they're both banging in goals for the first team.