Friday 16 May 2014

The Swansea Way named Best Sports Blog

Swansea blog picks up gong for Best Sports Blog at the Wales Blog Awards


My awards. And my white russian
Yesterday at the Chapter Arts Centre in Cardiff (Wales' only Championship city), The Swansea Way picked up the Best Sports Blog award and anyone who has spoken to me about it in the past week or so will know I genuinely wasn't expecting it. 

I was up against Girl On The River, an excellent blog about a lady's experiences rowing, and Run My Own Way, a great blog run by a chap who (unsurprisingly) runs a lot.  Given last year's winner was Forza Swansea, and Cardiff have just been relegated, I didn't fancy my chances at the awards ceremony and I was made up just to be shortlisted! As it turned out though, the judges rated my blog the best and I ended up having to give a speech to a room full of the who's who of Welsh blogging. Nerve wracking? I did at least manage to mention Cardiff going down in my speech...

Massive thanks again must go to anyone who has followed on Twitter or Facebook, commented on articles or shared my stuff in any other form - it really is hugely appreciated and hopefully it'll be better in years to come! Onwards and upwards, and all that :)