Tuesday 26 August 2014

Swansea in race with Freiburg for French striker

Sochaux's Cedric Bakambu confirms the Swans' interest



Another one from left-field. Breaking news from France has getfootballnewsfrance.com reporting that Sochaux striker Cedric Bakambu (who I've never heard of - a job for this evening methinks) has said he has offers from the Swans, amongst other suitors.

“I have offers, notably from Fribourg in Germany and in England from Swansea. I am hesitating between the two. Reims and Lorient, I heard they were interested, but they did not contact me. Maybe they contacted Sochaux, but I don’t know about that. I am giving myself two-three days to decide no more. I know that at Swansea I might not be first choice striker. 
"There are several things to consider, not just the prestige of the club. But I am flattered. I’m at an age where I need to play. Crystal Palace are also interested, I think it will be between those 3 [Swansea, Palace & Freiburg].” 
http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/cedric-bakambu-to-choose-between-fribourg-and-swansea/?

I don't think anyone expected that! Let's hope if he's planning on coming for talks he can figure out that Swansea is in Wales, eh. In the meantime let's use the power of Youtube to do our own scouting.



He looks tidy enough - I'll endeavour to do a bit more research on him later, and if anything more develops of this we'll keep you up to date. Until then.