Sunday 17 August 2014

Who are ya? A Chelsea fan's take on Swansea City

View from a Blue



The nineteenth and final interview with a fan of an opposing team, this afternoon we have Chelsea fan and podcaster Morgan Green answering our questions.

Q1. Who are you and what do you do? How did you become attached to your club?

I am Morgan Green and I'm a podcaster. I became attached to Chelsea through a life long Chelsea fan I worked with here in the states and I haven't looked back.

Q2. What is your favourite memory of a match involving your team and the Swans?

The memory that really sticks out to me is the day Eden Hazard kicked the ball boy. Those weren't happy times for me. [I doubt they were particularly happy times for the ball boy either! - Ed].

Q3. Ahead of this season, what are your thoughts on the Swans?  Do you think we'll be a better team than last season?

I think that they will be in for a typical 10th to 12th place finish. Your season and will be much stronger than last year, if everyone stays healthy.

Q4. What do you make of our transfer activity thus far? Do you think we need to make any more signings?

I love the signings Swansea have made thus far (Sigurdsson, Montero etc). I still feel like the defence needs to be bolstered a bit. Another defender never hurt anyone and it's always good to be prepared for injuries

Q5. Have you visited the Liberty Staidum before? If so, what did you think? Are you planning on visiting this year?

I have not and currently am not planning to. I would love to one day though

Q6. If you had to pick, who would be your favourite Swansea player? And your least favourite?

Favorite is a toss up between Bony & Dyer. Last favorite is that ball boy and his entire family [I'm assuming that includes his father Martin - a director at Swansea City ;) - Ed]. I don't care if he doesn't play for them. I am not a fan of his. No sir.

Q7. Which Swansea manager (in the Premier League era - Rodgers, Laudrup or Monk) have you been most impressed with? What do you think of Garry Monk's chances with a full pre-season behind him?

To me it's Laudrup. If we're just going by the Premier League era, he was the one who worked the system to the max and got the Swans a major piece of silverware. I think Garry Monk has a great chance this year to bounce the team back and lead them to mid table. I wouldn't even be shocked if you pulled a Southampton and broke the top ten, sometimes you just never know with this league!

Q8. Finally, at this moment in time how confident would you be if your "first eleven" went up against ours, and how do you think your team will do in general this season?

I am very confident that Chelsea would have their way with Swansea. Especially in London. I'd be ok with both games taking place there - weird stuff happens in Wales. I believe Chelsea will take the title this season and if they don't it will be considered a massive failure.

Thanks to Morgan for answering the questions - you can follow him on Twitter @Morgan_Green! That's all the opposition interviews I've got lined up of that nature, but I'll be getting opposition fans to answer questions before every game this season. Stay tuned! I'll also be answering these questions myself - completely without bias of course - and that'll be up this evening. Until then.