Wednesday 20 August 2014

Statistical comparison of Cork v Stambouli: Who should we sign?

With press reporting that the Swans have had a bid accepted for Montpelier midfielder Benjamin Stambouli, how does he compare statistically to our other reported defensive miidfield target Jack Cork?



I'll skip the fluff: not very! See for yourself. 

As you can see from the images above, every area Stambouli peaks in Cork matches with aplomb - and then some. If both are available at less than £5million (they both only have one year remaining on their contracts) I'd definitely be happier with Cork. He's clearly a more rounded midfielder, and from reports I've read of Stambouli (as well as various Youtube videos I've watched) he's definitely more of a destroyer than a ballplayer. 

In my eyes, there's only one winner if both are similarly priced, and that winner is Jack Cork. Plus, he's British, which given the regulations about home-grown players isn't a bad thing at all. Less of an acclimatisation period too. That being said, all the press seems to indicate we're back in for Stambouli now [I wonder what the Montpelier boss thinks of that?] so hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

I can't help but feel that Cork would be a much, much better signing though.