Thursday 14 November 2013

Bony: "I want to score every week"

The Jack Army is with you, brother...



Fresh from scoring two goals which went a long way to turning around the match against Stoke, Wilfried Bony has been chatting with Skysports about how things have been going so far:

"I am just adjusting to the best league in the word. The challenge is to convince people because of the money the club paid for me - it has not been easy but I am getting there. 
"The manager trusts me and has a plan to use me to help me find my feet in the league, scoring twice in the league against Stoke City on Saturday was very good, I want to score every week for the club but I know that is difficult to do but I will try. 
"I believe in myself and hope to make my name in the League. I want to earn a starting place for the national team and prove myself in the World Cup in Brazil, but we need to close the game against Senegal [this weekend] and realise our dream." 

I always try to analyse what players say to the press to see if we can infer some hidden meaning (whether the player meant it or not) and the fact that Bony has acknowledged it's "not been easy to convince the fans he's worth the money" possibly shows he's more than aware of the abuse he's been getting from the stands and online. Hopefully Sunday's brace will silence the doubters and give him some added time with which to continue adjusting and work on his overall fitness.

Hopefully it won't be long until "Bony" features on videprinters up and down the country on a weekly basis. I'm not a betting man, but I wouldn't bet against it. Just to remind us all of what he can do, let's have a look at a video of his goals last season.




Goals goals goals! More of the same please mate...