Monday 8 September 2014

Gylfi Sigurdsson is August's Player Of The Month

After our first Twitter poll the cerebral Icelander picked up the award



This season (after stealing the idea from a few other websites) I thought I'd run a Twitter poll for who should win the first ever TSW Player Of The Month award. It's very auspicious, and rumours of players keeping their eyes peeled to see who picks up the inaugural accolade abound. 

Realistically there were a few people who I thought warranted mention. I tweeted the following tweets asking people to RT who they thought was their POTM, and as you can see there was one clear winner.



Ladies and gentlemen, I give you your player of the month - Gylfi Sigurdsson! If he keeps us his current rate of output he'll finish the season on either twelve or thirteen goals, and he'll also get either fourty-nine or fifty assists. As much as I love The Gylf, that seems a big ask even for him. Even so, I'm confident he's going to be excellent for us throughout this campaign.

The big question now is whether our Icelandic playmaker can hold onto the gong for two months running. Gylfi, the floor is yours.