Monday 1 September 2014

Bony's agent confirms Ivorian will stay in Swansea?

According to Sportsmole anyway...



Generally I wouldn't be repeating something this...tenuous... but it's deadline day and news from the Swans is slow. Ish. That and I'm already bored of "EXCLUSIVE"'s which claim to prove that Bony will be leaving for any club under the sun with some money to throw around and Champions League football on offer.

This is why Sportsmole's article (link) drew my attention. They claim one of their "sources" has spoken to Bony's agent, who has confirmed that our iron-thighed striker will still be in SA1 once the transfer window slams shut.

Is it true? Personally I think he won't even have a move to turn down, but football is crazy. I've always said I expect Wilf to be here until January at least, and this (if true) could confirm it.

Then again, it's deadline day so it's quite possibly entirely fabricated. Such is the minefield of online journalism these days.