Tuesday 23 September 2014

Going to Swans v Everton? GO EARLY!!!

Club implore fans to get to the stadium early to ensure there's no repeat of the Rotherham debacle



Hey you! Are you going to Swansea vs Everton tonight? Do you want to see kickoff? (Ha). Then get to the Liberty AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. I made a last minute decision prior to the last cup game against Rotherham to go down and get a ticket from the ticket office, but owing to queues I got in around the fifteenth minute of the game - and that was including a delayed kickoff given the lengthy queues stretching the length of the West Stand.

It wasn't until Leigh Dineen got on the case that things seemed to improve - though why it needed our Vice-Chairman to rectify the issues I can't say - and while I'm sure things will be a LOT more militarily efficient tonight it's still wise to heed the club's advice and get down there early.

I know it's not always possible, and I know people have commitments which means they can't get there early, but if I were you I'd try my damnedest to get there as early as possible. Luckily I don't think anyone missed the only goal in the game against Rotherham, but if you miss the first fifteen minutes of every match it won't be long before you're ranting about missing a goal.

Make sure that isn't the case. Get down there early. Hey, if everyone does that the atmosphere would be that much better - remember walking through the Sandfields for night games? You could hear the North Bank from a mile off. It'd be great if we could get back to that level of noise in the buildup to a match, and fans being in their seats early would make a massive difference. 

Plus, you'll stand a better chance of making kickoff. It makes sense to me!