Tuesday 24 June 2014

Gomis to sign?

French targetman in Swansea for talks


Well I wasn't expecting this if I'm honest. In the last half hour the media have gone haywire in a bid to be the first to report that Bafetimbi Gomis is signing for Swansea, and it all seems to be off the back of a medical he's reported to have completed at the club this afternoon..

Now, I learned a lesson back in January. Tom Ince was done and dusted I was told - the medical was done and wages were agreed - it was just a case of formalising details and away we went. Well, we all know how that one turned out so until I see Gomis pull on a Swansea shirt I'll be very open to debate as to whether he's going to sign permanently or not. Given he's been linked with numerous other Premier League clubs, and is/was set to talk to them as well as the Swans, I'd be very very surprised if, after speaking to probably the most stingy club on the planet, he decided to sign on the dotted line before finding out what he could have got elsewhere.

I'm sure there'll be all sorts of speculation in the press until this is sorted one way or another, but even though sources such as the BBC are reporting that it's about to be completed I'm holding back lest we once again get burned by a player looking for more money elsewhere. More on this later, I'm sure...