Tuesday 3 June 2014

Jonny Williams confirms Swansea interest

Wales midfielder says "Swansea are great club" and that his agent is aware of club's interest in his signature


Some more good news! This transfer malarkey could be quite good fun this summer yet. I'm a massive fan of the man who's already come to be known (not even ironically) as Joniesta, and I'd love to see him brought in. He wouldn't be cheap, but we got Shelvey for £5million so there clearly are bargains to be had - and Shelvey probably had more top-flight experience when we picked him up.

Even so I'd imagine Palace will look to maximise any transfer fee, and I'd be surprised if we got him for less than six of seven million. Let's see what Huw can do eh?

For his part, Williams responded positively when asked about any potential dealings with the Swans:

"I spoke to my agent who says [Swansea] were interested. I need to play football, preferably at Palace, but if not I'd have to consider playing elsewhere. 
"Swansea are a great team. They've shown over the last few years that they can do it at the top level. I haven't heard much personally about if anything's been offered... but I'm sure I'll know more about it in the next few weeks. 
"It's hard to think about it [leaving Palace] because I've been there for so long. If I can get in the team at Palace, that's the main thing, but I need to play football at Palace, and I wasn't last year because I ended up going on loan."  
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27667563

Seems a bit of a "play me or sell me" statement if you ask me. The only questions are does Williams fit a Pulis team, and will the Swans stump up enough cash to tempt Palace into accepting an offer. I'm hoping for "no" and "yes".