Thursday 27 June 2013

Wilfried Bony set to sign for the Swans! (According to his agent)

Club are still yet to confirm deal, but agent claims a 12million Euro deal has been agreed


Wow. If this is true, I did not see this coming. Speaking to De Gelderlander, Bony's agent Francis Kacou has stated that Bony has agreed terms with the Swans, and will swap Holland for South Wales imminently.

I won't be the only person who is borderline flabbergasted that the Swans have stretched to a fee of this size, but if we're doing it you can guarantee it's because we can afford it. Heady times indeed. Here's a video of Bony in action last season, where he scored 31 goals in 30 games for Vitesse, finishing top scorer in the Eredivisie:

Seems the real deal eh? Hopefully we're getting a player who'll replicate the exploits of Ruud Van Nistelrooy as opposed to Alfonso Alves, but with a goals to game ratio exceeding that of any player I've come across in Europe this year I'm pretty confident we've signed a real star in Bony.

Since I posted this article, Vitesse have claimed that no agreement has been reached, but Wilfried Bony himself has broken his silence on the matter:


"The clubs are now talking to each other, Swansea has made Vitesse a bid and I hope it's good. Swansea is a wonderful club. It's my chance to play in the Premier League and they also play attractive football.
"I understood from my agent that Swansea want to pay €12 million for me and that is what Vitesse want to receive, so I hope there is some good news soon." Wilfried Bony
Well, that's encouraging isn't it? Hopefully it now won't be too long until we announce his signature...