Saturday 3 August 2013

The Swansea Way on Talksport!

Listen again to my inaugural appearance on Talksport's Sports Bar


At the second attempt, last night I made my debut on Talksport talking about my beloved Swansea City. To listen to the whole thing (all three minutes of it! Ha) click here: http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/andy-goldsteins-sports-bar/130803/mackay-impressed-swansea%E2%80%99s-transfer-business-202989

When asked if I thought the Swans would be able to continue their trend of ever-improving league finishes, I responded by saying I thought it was set up for it - after all, as a recent blog shows the the competition for places is fierce in SA1 now and there isn't one player who can rest on his laurels, safe in the knowledge that he's a cert for selection. Except perhaps Ashley Williams, that is.

Another topic covered was the ongoing issue with the ticketing system. Now, I think I came across as unduly negative when talking about the ticketing situation, but it does appear that numerous fans have been left frustrated by what appears to be an outdated system. The club have tried to combat this, but as alluded to if you grow as fast as the Swans have there will inevitably be certain aspects (generally behind the scenes) of the club which lag behind others in terms of their development. 

Before signing off I was pressed to give my prediction of where the Swans would finish this season. I went for eighth. What do you think?