Friday 2 August 2013

Augustien joins Brighton

Dutch midfielder switches South Wales for the south coast of England in attempt to revive career


In the midst of all the Europa League buildup, you could have been forgiven for missing Kemy Augustien bidding the club farewell, as he, I assume, was driven from Swansea to Brighton to start a new chapter in his career. He's signed a two-year contract with the Seagulls, and hopefully he can finally show what he's capable of. The problem with Kemy is that he's blatantly got loads of ability; it's staying fit long enough to show it. He hasn't helped himself with a few off-field issues, and he does lean a touch towards the Hollywood when perhaps a simple pass would be the more sensible option, but I always enjoyed watching him play and he amassed 47 appearances for the Swans in his three years with us. 

He'll link up with ex-Swan Andrea Orlandi and clearly leaves SA1 with no lack of affection for the Jack Army:


I think it was worth leaving the little rant in about missing his check-in time at the airport... 

All the best Kemy! You're remembered fondly by a lot of us here, and I honestly hope you do well at Brighton. I'll leave you with a ropey video I found on Youtube, of a game which appears to be a friendly, but I'd be lying if I said I had any idea what or when it was. Decent finish though...