Tuesday 23 December 2014

The Swansea City Christmas XI

On this week's JackCast podcast we featured the best pun names sent in by Swansea City fans, so here's your first XI!



When Matt Harrison suggested a Christmas XI featuring Swansea City players past and present, I'll admit that the nerd in me became most excited. I do love puns. We had some excellent suggestions (listen in full here), but I thought it was worth putting together a first-team to record the weird, wonderful & absurd puns we were sent. Without further ado...



As you can see, the standard of the entries was simultaneously awful yet awesome. There were more - check out the Jackcast Twitter feed (link) for all the entries which were retweeted. My favourite though, has to be Kwame Ampadu-they know it's Christmas, sent in by @voodoo_canape. Outstanding work.

On behalf of The Swansea Way team, I'd like to wish all our readers a merry Christmas. Hopefully we'll have three points to celebrate on Boxing day!

Think you can do better with Christmas puns? Use the comment section to suggest your own Swansea Xmas 11 players!