Tuesday 23 December 2014

Swansea to sign Nelson Oliveira on loan

Club confirm loan capture of young Portuguese striker, who will join on loan once the transfer window opens on January 1st



Swansea City have today announced we'll sign 23-year-old Portuguese striker Nelson Oliveira on loan from Benfica until the end of the season. The move comes with first-choice forward Wilfried Bony leaving to compete in the African Cup of Nations, and with Bafetimbi Gomis still yet to make an impact cover in this area of the squad is definitely a positive.

Oliveira, for his part, seems genuinely keen to come here and push for a place in the team:

"I’m really looking forward to it. I already know quite a bit about Swansea and it was their style of play and the ambience at the club that attracted me. It was an easy decision to make. The deal was agreed early so I can spend an extra 10 days in Swansea training with the squad and getting to know my new teammates. That way I hope to be ready to offer my services to the team that much earlier. 
“I want to prepare properly for the challenge. It’s going to be a big challenge because I have a lot of respect for fellow strikers Wilfried Bony and Bafetimbi Gomis. I have to earn the right and respect from the manager and my teammates on the training ground to play, but I’m highly motivated to score goals and help the team.’ 
http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/swans-seal-oliveira-loan-deal-2161528.aspx#dGlmFtsliYsOPzBU.99

I can't say I know the first thing about Oliveira, but I'll endeavour to remedy that and put together a statistical profile. Until then, here's the ubiquitous montage making him look like a world-beater.