Friday 11 October 2013

Vorm: "Bony is a monster - he shoots so hard, it's not normal!"

Dutch 'keeper reveals he doesn't relish trying to stop the Ivorian frontman's efforts in training


With record signing Wilfried Bony still acclimatising to South Wales, some fans have started to get a little frustrated by a perceived lack of effort, but, as most people would agree, he's already shown enough for us to believe he has the potential to be a very good player for Swansea City indeed. 

Speaking to Dutch paper De Telegraaf, 'keeper Michel Vorm gave his new team-mate a massive vote of confidence:

"In the dressing room you see just what a monster he is. Physically he is bizarrely strong. He can really scare you senseless. He is still not playing as much as he would like, but he has already scored six times. In training you see he is a real goal machine but he goes about his business very quietly, and he shoots so hard, it's not normal. 
"When I think about Robin [Van Persie] I always think about ballet. Everything he does is so graceful. Bony is a very different player, a powerful African, but also has good technique. 
"If he plays every week he will score 15 or 20 goals. I'm 100 per cent sure of it." Michel Vorm  (Link)

Well, if he was talking to me it would very much be a case of preaching to the choir, but I hope this helps some fans who have been having difficulty warming to big Wilf. So far his game-time in the league has been extremely limited, but personally I've been quite impressed. I think he's going to go on to do amazing things for us, and I expect him to start hitting the back of the net soon. I'm expecting a big performance one of these days, where everyone sits up and realises we've acquired a player of real quality. 

I'd previously called Bony "A bull with ballerina's feet", and while Vorm didn't quite echo that sentiment he clearly rates his team-mate. Seeing as he's in charge of stopping the guy in training, he'd know.